Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Working my magic with cards

Apparently there's like...this game. It's about like...magic. And like...cards.

It seems to be quite widespread, but I don't really get it. My friend Whibley described it as "like chess but with cards". From what I understand, you collect cards and fight other people's cards with them. I asked him if they physically bash the cards together...apparently they don't...although I think it would be much more entertaining.

So a typical card looks something like this:

Whibley was distracted making cards for his friends for fun while chatting to me, so I volunteered to make them for him. After many hours spent toiling, searching for the perfect colours and advanced computer graphics, I had perfected my creation:

Whibley was so grateful for my masterpiece that he decided to make me my very own magic card. I am now famous and being played in the hands of geeks everywhere. (I use the term affectionately...geeks are hot.)

My favourite part is the quote, taken directly from our conversation last night. I think it went something like this:

Me: "My friends and I used to massacre pictures of each other with paint. It was the most fun I've ever had....with paint..."

Whibley: "I like that you added in 'with paint'"

Me: "Yeah, didn't want to seem like a TOTAL loser."

Apparently this card is pretty powerful...watch out magic players...my tall glass of booze and I are comin' after ya!

No comments: