Monday, December 11, 2006

Dreaming In Celebrities

Last night (ok ok, part of this morning/afternoon too) I dreamt the largest number of dreams I can remember having in one sleep session. What blew my mind even more was, upon further inspection, the longest and most distinct dreams featured a major male celebrity whom I have varying degrees of a crush on. I can't describe to you how vivid these dreams were and how confused - and perhaps a little disappointed - I was when I woke up from them.

Dream 1 (in chronological order)
Feature Celebrity: Zach Braff

Zach, by some unbelievable twist in the universe, was actually interested in me. Naturally we ran in the same social circles so it wasn't completely unbelievable, but I was still surprised and flattered. So we started dating, but quickly ended up in a massive argument resulting in us breaking up. Then we would cool off and like each other again and get back together. This seemed to be a cycle. I remember sitting in the passenger side of a car while he drove and telling him "get over yourself" because he started using his celebrity status as ammunition in our argument. He didn't like that too much, but it somehow made him respect me more. Apparently we were on basketball teams too. I guess we played for the same organization. For one game, he was mad at me for not being ready on time, but when I got there none of the other girls were ready either, so in turn I got mad at him. I think we had burgundy uniforms and high yellow socks. A very important detail. Ok not really.

Dream 2
Feature Celebrity: Keifer Sutherland (I don't really have a crush on him, so this dream is especially weird)

Keifer had somewhat retired from his acting career and moved into an apartment building in my neighbourhood. I bumped into him one day and started chatting with him without trying to seem fan-crazed or anything. I turned to walk to a car picking me up for something, then decided to not be a chicken and went back to Keifer. I pulled out a piece of paper, scrolled down my cell number, and wrote something like "let's go out sometime." except not so lame-sounding. I started to write something else too but gave it to him mid-scrawl because I was afraid he'd leave while I was writing. He was confused over the partial sentence. Then as he was walking away with my number in hand, I heard him mutter "slut" under his breath! I was shocked and offended, so I told him off. I remember saying that I just wanted to grab a coffee, not jump in his pants. I think I might have followed him up to his apartment, or he might have invited me since he was impressed I stuck up for myself, but in the hallway something was going on. Someone was holding a bunch of people hostage, Jack (I mean Keifer) and I included. He somehow discreetly dropped three guns in these poll type things and lined up with everybody else. While I was trying to figure out how/when to get them, the gunmen let everyone go except myself and two other people, one of them being my mother. I begged them to let her go and take me instead. They agreed and were about to shoot us when some people jumped in the room, attacked them and saved us. Somehow one of the gunman ended up being this girl I went to elimentary and high school with. She had some disease that made her all psycho like that, ha. But she escaped, and later I had to run through a cornfield to get away from her. A cornfield, how cliche! (I don't know how to put the accent on the 'e') I was mad at Kiefer for not being Jack Bauer in real life and using the guns he had. Actors, what are they good for.

Dream 3
Feature Celebrity: Dr. House, aka Hugh Laurie. (The character instead of the actor)

I was at the hospital, I THINK to get my fitness assessment for the gym. Naturally, there was a Family Fitness in the hospital. House was the one doing my assessment, but got called away early. He walked out into the hall and turned to say he'd be back. But he didn't come back. So every time I went to the "gym" it was really to just try and get a glimpse of House and find an excuse to talk to him. I kept seeing him from afar, but couldn't get up close. Then for some reason a Kaylin Porter concert broke out in the hospital, and I was sitting in the middle aisle about 10 rows from the front with a friend, cheering him on. Like, what the hell, I would never be at a Kaylin Porter concert. But apparently we were friends and he gave me a special nod from on stage. Someone yelled something at me and I turned around and there was Dr. House standing behind a railing a few floors up. I left to try to talk to him but couldn't make it up there. Then something about Niagara Falls. Who the heck knows. After that, it went onto another VERY strange dream that I won't even try to explain.

The thing that messes me up about dreams like this is that they are SO vivid! Not even so much the images but the emotion. 12 hours later, I still feel very connected to each of these people, as if the experiences really happened. That's the last time I eat chicken burgers before going to bed. At least...for awhile. Like a week, tops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The reason you had a dream about all these celebrities is pretty simple to figure out actually. You are now known as a celebrity nationwide and therefore, you thought about it as you were going to bed and it carried over. Very vivid dreams and good memory skills. All in all A+ lol.

- Shawn