Thursday, September 21, 2006

Phone Encounters of the Sunrise Records Kind

Just got off the phone with Sunrise Records. I'm trying to compare prices for The Office Season 2 (premiere of season 3 tonight, woo!) and Gilmore Girls season 6. Let me share my phone experience with you.

"GoodafternoonsunriserecordshowcanIhelpyou"

"Oh, hi how are you?"

"Good, and yourself?"

"Good, I was wondering if you could check on some prices for me?"

"Sure, can you hang on a sec?"

"No problem."

*puts receiver down*

Timer on phone: 2:26

*background yammering: "That'll be $103.56. Yeah sorry, that's not the right price, that's like, double the right price...sorry about that."*

Timer on phone: 5:48

*Lorraine starts wondering how long it will be before he picks up phone again*

*backround yammering: "Yeah, you just go out to the hall and turn right. Yeah I can help you find that. Is that all you're looking for today?"*

Timer on phone: 8:49

*Lorraine is convinced person has forgotten about phone and wonders how long it will be till he remembers*

Timer on phone: 9:03

"Hey there sorry about that."

"That's ok, it was only nine minutes and three seconds."

"Oh, you're timing me eh?"

"Well, not intentionally, the timer just happened to be there on my phone. Busy day?"

"Oh yeah! So you're looking for some prices?"

"Yeah, The Office Season 2, American version?"

"And who is this?"

"Pardon me?"

"You're calling Sunrise Records?"

"Yes...where is this?"

"This is Eastgate mall."

"Yes...Sunrise Records though right..."

"Yeah. Who's calling?"

"Erm...uhh...my name is Lorraine?"

"And you're calling from Sunrise Records??"

"NO, I am CALLING Sunrise Records...I just need some prices!"

"OH...oh sorry, I'm a creep."

"Haha...it's ok."

"The Office is out of stock right now."

"Do you know the list price for it though?"

"Aw man, I have to go get my paper...do you want to wait another 9 minutes?"

"No...no I don't."

"K hold on a sec."

"Ok...and this better be good!"

*ruffling of papers*

"It's $36.99"

"Ok. And can I get you to check ONE more thing for me?"

"Oh COME ON, you're making me do work!"

"I know, I'm sorry...I know you don't expect to being at your job and all..."

"Yeah, and I got these people calling pretending to be someone else..."

"Yeah, those crazy callers...Gilmore Girls season 6?"

"*sigh* $54.99. Plus a tip."

"A tip!! Of course I get a discount for having to wait so long right?"

"Oh yeah for sure."

"Awesome. Well thanks."

"No problem!"

*end convo*


Is it strange that I think I have a crush on this person?? And might POSSIBLY be heading there now to see what he looks like? Yeah, I thought so too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best word in the english dictionary is "Shan't". That is all.