Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Camping Excitement

Two weeks ago-ish, we (Diana, Dave, myself and Paul) went camping up at Tobermory. For those of you who don't know where Tobermory is, just follow Highway 6 north for about five hours, and when you see the sign that says "Losing Weight? Fight Back! - Tobermory Sweet Shop" then you'll know you're close. Other signs you may encounter are "Please Brake For Snakes" and "Rock on" ('Rockton' with the T painted out).

Good times were had by all, and I think I really survived quite well with the lack of showers, lack of microwaves, and abundance of red squirrels that somehow sound like rattle snakes. I knew I could take a few days of camping, but even by the end, I didn't go girly at all! Proud of me?? I am! *pats self on back*

The following is a succession of funny quotes and pictures from said camping trip. And as anxious as I know you all are to see the pictures, read the quotes gosh darn it! They are amusing. At least they are to me...and really that's all that matters...ha.

“Dave, do you recall hitting me in the face with the football yesterday?” –Lorraine
“I don’t think so.” – Dave
“I hit you in the face a few times...” – Diana
“Really??” – Lorraine

“We need to watch for the nudist colony…and the streetcar on someone’s lawn.” – Lorraine
“Aren’t there oversized things too?” – Diana
“YES! Dinosaurs! Ah, the landmarks of highway 6.” – Lorraine

“I just want to call someone it…nord. NORD!” – Diana

“Did you see that? ‘Speed signs doubled when workers present.’” – Diana
“You mean ‘fines’?” – Dave
“Yeah…did I say ‘signs’?” – Diana
“Yup. ‘Sorry officer, I thought I could go 160.” – Dave

“The cows aren’t showing us their butts so it’s not going to rain.” – Diana
“But they’re lying down so it IS going to rain.” – Dave
“The cows are giving us mixed signals!!” – Diana

“Do you think there’s a technical term for mooing?” – Diana
“Yes. Dave Newport” – Paul

“I like the taste of your eye-skin.” – Diana to Dave

“You could dry the dishes.” – Diana
“But I’m full!” – Dave

“Dave wasn’t snoring. He mewed a few times.” – Diana

“Diana are you ok driving?” – Lorraine
“…we’ve only been driving for an hour!” – Diana

“Paul?” – Lorraine
“Yes?” – Paul
“…I’m afraid a bear is going to eat me.” - Lorraine
“You’re paranoid.” - Paul
“What would you do if a bear attacked me?” - Lorraine
“I’d come to the funeral.” - Paul
“You’re a good friend.” – Lorraine

“When I jumped, I didn’t get any nose up my water.” – Diana after cliff jumping

*Diana goes pee, and we all exchange a look at the waterfall sound*:
“What, is there a horse over there?” –Dave

“Steak and hamburger…what’s wrong with that?” – Dave
“Beef me up Scotty!” – Diana

“Why don’t you shoot for the moon?” – Diana during Hearts
“Why don’t you shoot your foot?” – Dave

“Get away devil woman!” – Dave after Diana gives him the queen of spades and tries to make up for it through hugs

“Go get your uncle!” – Dave to small fish he caught as he puts him back in the lake

“Who cooks bacon with their bare hands? I do! Ouch.” – Dave

“Seagulls; rare and terrifying. Feasting on water snakes and girls in their early twenties.” - Dave


*pictures will come as soon as blogger stops being GAY...and I don't mean in the homosexual OR happy way!*

2 comments:

HCJoel said...

I imagine that the last line is directed at me. I didn't think you meant it in either of those ways. I still don't like the use of that term in that manner! I hope you're well.

Me said...

Aw Joel, it totally wasn't directed at you. I just like to clarify to hopefully keep some people from being offended. Guess it didn't work! Hope you're well too.