Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Work Christmas Party

I felt bad for the dj...I think people danced to maybe five songs he played. Evidently people at my work would much rather sit around at their tables looking bored than make an effort to have an enjoyable time.

Highlights include:
  • Getting drunk in front of my parents
  • Keeping my friend in check who had a bit too much...
  • Winning a bottle of Jack Daniels, playing cards and dice
  • Trying to dance in a tight long skirt and three inch heels while everyone else who was too lazy to dance takes pictures of the idiots trying to dance
  • Accusing the bar tender of cunningly placing the mistletoe above the bar so he could get some action
  • The DJ and I kept looking at each other (we were doing the flirting without talking thing. I'm so forward I am! I eventually went to talk to him...)
  • My mom coming up and trying to talk with me and the guy I was flirting with. She really thought there was nothing wrong with this. "Mom...I love you...go away."
  • Watching my parents FAST dance...a sight I have never seen, and don't wish to see ever again
  • Being the most dressed up person there (IDA YOU PROMISED TO WEAR A SKIRT YOU LIAR!) but really not minding it...
  • Having five minutes to do my hair and actually being able to make it look fancy and good for once...I SUCK at doing hair...
  • Eating the salads of both the people who sat to my left and my right. And my own.
  • Almost getting into an argument with my boss about capitalism
  • Finding a wine I can actually drink without making a face
  • I just remembered I forgot to tip the bar tender...but we had drink tickets AND drinks were $5.00!! Come ON!!
  • Dripping ketchup on my breast by accident, and then trying to look nonchalent as I wiped it off
  • Myles: "I'm Irish!" Me: "That's your answer for everything!"
  • Selling the pointsetta I won to Myles for $10. Feeling bad that I kept it even though he wouldn't take it back.
  • Hearing my boss tell a story how he and the cleaning guy got drunk after hours once
  • Accidentally overhearing my dad bragging about me. Then accidentally hearing how he thought I wouldn't be able to win Canadian Idol but that I would do well in it. (Thanks daddy)
  • Michelle taking someone else's wine from their table cause we ran out
  • Michelle loading me up with drink tickets (How did she get so many extra??)

That's all I can remember, although that's probably cause I killed a few brain cells that night.

All in all, it was some good times. I requested that we have one every week. Then again, I also requested open bar and ketchup at my table and that didn't happen...

No comments: