Thursday, March 22, 2007

You can't lose something you never had...such as my mind

It's been seven years.

I started working there the summer before high school and worked every subsequent summer.

Six months out of high school I was hired full time and stayed for a year and a half.

Now I'm back working there for a few months.

During my first summer there, I was too terrified and shy to eat with the "adults" and would eat my lunch huddled away in a corner of my dad's office. But I quickly made friends with them and started eating in the kitchen.


The cupboard containing the glasses and mugs is right next to the cupboard containing the plates and bowls.


It's been seven years.

And when I need one of these items...


...I STILL go to the opposite cupboard to retrieve it.


Every time.

No comments: