Monday, March 05, 2007

Next Time I'm Going To Wear Goggles

Saturday night I headed over to Diana's for Dave's birthday dinner before we went to see Sandra's play and then drinks at Hess. I had just taken my coat off when Diana's mom - a very sweet woman who often greets me with a hug - came up to me with her hand out. Not knowing what to do I turned my head to avoid a collision, providing the perfect angle for her thumbnail to gauge my right eyeball.

"OWWWWW...."

"I'm so sorry, I was trying to grab you for a hug!"

"Oh it's ok, it's not like I use that eye anyway."

"What a nice first greeting eh? Oh no, I was working with food too..."

"Yeah, did make sure to rub some garlic under your fingernails first?"

"Yes, some red pepper too."

"Well, it's good to see you anyway. With my ONE EYE."

No comments: