Friday, November 17, 2006

Lorraine Lingo

Effin - The phonetic spelling of "F'n" which is a short form of...uh...well...I probably shouldn't write that word on here. Only really works in written communication as to not be confused with "F'n".

Example: "That new Justin Timberlake song is effin dumbtarded."

Dumbtarded - A more politically correct version of "retarded" that I fully admit to having stolen from my brother.

Example: "My brother is going to think I'm dumbtarded for stealing his word."

Pants - Used as a curse word instead of traditional swear words. Can also be used as an expression of shock/surprise.

Example: "Oh PANTS, I left my keys in the front door again!!"

Mother Puss Bucket - See previous definition.

Example: "Mother puss bucket! That tube top is so small the only thing I could wear it as is a neck warmer!"

I'ma - Used to indicate one is about to do something.

Example: "I'ma go see if I can find a squirrel that resembles Abraham Lincoln."

Aheugh? - Similar to the questioning grunt Tim Allen makes in Home Improvement. Used to indicate confusion about something.

Example: "Luminescent signal quantitation with microplate or tube solution-based assays is performed with a luminometer, which measures light being emitted from a sample with either a PMT-based or photodiode detector, or with a CCD camera detector." "Aheugh??"

Fantastical - A variation of the word fantastic to make it different and more interesting.

Example: "I caught you a delicious bass." "Fantistical!"

Lovely - A former adjective now being used as a noun. I will call you this if I like you and you are a girl. Sometimes a guy if you're a little feminine.

Example: "Hey lovely, you have some mustard on your upper lip."

Love - Something else I might call you if I like you or I am being condescending or sympathetic. I will also say this one to guys. It's a habit from being friends with UKians.

Example: "I think you have to TURN the knob to open the door, love."


...More to come. Probably. Maybe. POSSIBLY.

No comments: