Monday, April 10, 2006

My ipod Adventure

Sometimes I buy things to make me happy. It never really works, but it's better than using drugs or sex to make me happy. Or IS it...*scratches chin*. I don't do the typical girl thing and buy clothes or shoes though, although I really should (I'm outgrowing all my clothes, which is sad cause I haven't grown any taller since grade 9). Instead I buy things like cd's or new gadgets. In fact, this new gadget should eliminate me having to buy cd's at all. Which is kinda sad cause I still like looking through them at the music store and finding a good buy for like, $10 or something. But yes, I invested in an ipod nano.

Do I really need an ipod nano? Probably not. Did I spend a ridiculous amount of money on it wiht it's accessories? Yes. Do I feel happy? Meh. I'm actually more pissed off at myself that I got swindled into buying things I wasn't prepared to buy. I should have just stuck with the ipod nano; instead I got suckered into a crappy mp3 holder that isn't even fit for the nano and new earphones ("I promise you you'll be back if you don't buy them now, and I can only give them to you for half off if you buy them now") WTF, I'm smarter than that! F'n shady salesman...he wasn't cool at all. In fact, he tried to rip me off by $8.00. You see, it was EHR's birthday sale so you get to pop a balloon with a discount in it, and if you mention Todd from the Dean Blundell Show's name you get to pop two balloons. Well, this salesguy didn't want to let me pop ANY balloons. "I'm already giving you half off on the earphones!" Ooooooo a whopping $25 bucks off a $400 purchase, you're a real saint there asshole. Thank you so much for ripping me off and then denying the discounts I'm entitled to if I spend over $100, which I am clearly doing. So I insisted on the ballons, won $8 off, which he coincidentally "forgot" to take off the bill. ARG.

So Todd from the Dean Blundell Show is there as well doing promo stuff (very nice in real life, much taller than I thought even though I've met him once before...) and I'm chatting to him and complaining a bit...he's like "that's ridiculous, come here..." and leads me up to the front of the store to talk to one of the guys. "This uhh...*looks at me* lady here was supposed to get $8 off her purchase, can you make sure that she gets it?" And I did...in your face salesguy!!

So now I have another gadget that I can get pissed off with when it doesn't work how I want it to (and I already have). And another purchase that I can feel guilty about wasting my money on in the pursuit of material happiness. Maybe I should just become a monk.

No comments: