Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday Morning Forgetfullness

Monday mornings are hard for me, as I'm sure they are for most people. Well, at least those of us that don't wake up in the morning smiling and chirping like a happy bird...I hate those "oooo it's a new day eeeee" kind of people. I always wonder who slipped them a shot of serotonin during the night. I blame my mother for this discrimination. She used to come into my room when I was younger singing "it's time to get up, it's time to get up, it's time to get up in the moooooorning...." and flip the blind wide open...CLEARLY interrupting my dreams of kissing Jonathan Taylor Thomas (JTT as girls my age would know him by). Who wants to be woken up that way?? Other tricks of hers involved sneaking into my room and changing my alarm clock from radio to the actual buzzer, which was not unlike a fire alarm. She also insisted it be placed across the room so I would have to get up to turn it off. Her ploy didn't work...I would wake up with a heart attack, bash the damn thing off and hop back into bed.

This morning was especially rough...although my mom abandoned her tactics years ago, mostly because I have to get up earlier than her now anyways, I've resorted to hitting the snooze button at least 3 times before my dad yells at me to get up. He's the most effective alarm clock I've ever had. I stumble out of bed and with caveman language and grace, maneuver downstairs to eat, make my lunch, and back up to jump in the shower.

It was around this time that I had to stop, look around, and debate whether or not I had yet washed my body. Yes, I know your body is the largest part of you and is therefore the hardest part to miss, but for the life of me I couldn't remember. I smelt my arm to see if it smelled soapy, and it didn't...no scent whatsoever. I checked out my body puff, and yes, it smelled like soap and was wet, but this would be the case if I had used it that morning or not. So I thought just in case I'd better wash all over just to be sure. Upon rinsing, and actually recalling that I had done so, I smelt my arm again and it still didn't smell soapy...so I'm pretty sure I inadvertently washed my body twice. I've sort of had this happen before, but after a few minutes I can actually recall if I have or not...this time I couldn't...I guess it's old age. After all, I am the big 2-1 now...

No comments: