Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Canadian Idol...?

What do you guys think??

I was interogated for 10 minutes yesterday about whether I was going to try out for Canadian Idol or not. "You should, you should, just go and do it!" Me: *quivering in proverbial boots*

It's not so much that I don't think I'm good enough, although that is a huge part of it...it's the paranoiya of ending up on the "worst of" show. I would die. Knowing me and how flustered I get under pressure I would say something ridiculous or not resembling english at all, or just fall flat on my face. Literally...I mean, walk in there, trip, and fall flat on my face. It's me, let's face it...it would happen. Also that and the fear of making it to the judge's round and them tearing me apart to the bone...there's probably not too many things more humiliating than being berrated by professional critics on national television. International television I should say...

Those fears aside, there's the more realistic fear: going and not even making it past the first round. "Sorry...you don't even pass the 'can you carry a molody' test". Although that wouldn't really be the worst thing to possibly happen...I mean it's not like it would crush me...I've won scholarships (ok ONE scholarship) for singing before, and got a 90 (first class honours with distinction) on my vocal exam...so I guess I have to be somewhat ok-not-terrible-y?? Bahhh....I'll also have to take time off work...but half the people that push me to audition are from work, so let's hope they don't mind covering for me lol...

My dad of course is ridiculously supportive convinced I could make it into the top 10...I told him he was biased and his response was "absolutely". There's nothing like a parent's blind faith in their child.

Auditions are the end of April. Hopefully I'd get to meet John Dore...he's dreamy.

No comments: